Senior Network Engineer
Our Aberdeen based client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer. You will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance and management of the corporate wide IT network and all related systems such as the global WAN, site LANs, telephony systems, wireless network, and associated services and technologies. You will cover all Corporate IT locations globally for the provision of network management and 3rd line support.
- Installation/Implementation & configuration of technologies and platforms to support the corporate network infrastructure
- Maintenance and upgrade of corporate network infrastructure.
- Ensure availability of corporate IT technology that support internal business functions, meeting agreed service levels.
- Provide security to all network related systems.
- Troubleshoot and remediate 3rd level issues impacting the operation of the corporate network infrastructure to support the company’s global operations.
- Management and monitoring of corporate network infrastructure.
- Perform changes according to the corporate Change Management procedure.
- Documentation of design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures.
- Participation in planning and execution of IT projects within budget and time constraints.
- Evaluation of new technologies and platforms to determine their applicability to solving business challenges and needs.
- Participate in the on-call schedule for off-hours support.
- Mentoring and education of other members of staff within the IT team when required and where applicable
- Relationship management with 3rd party providers.
- Stay current with technological advances
Preferred Technical knowledge includes, but is not limited to, demonstrable experience of:
- Networking fundamentals & troubleshooting, monitoring & reporting – SolarWinds, SNMP, NetFlow
- Routing technologies – BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP
- Cisco networking hardware – ISR routers, Catalyst & Nexus switching, ASA & FTD Firewalls
- CheckPoint Firewalls
- Cisco Unified CallManager – including Unity and UCCX
- Voice technologies – Analogue, VoIP, SIP
- Cisco Identity Services Engine, including TrustSec
- Cisco Firepower Intrusion Prevention System
- Cisco SD-Access - DNAC, full fabric, wireless and ISE integration
- VPN – site to site and remote access
- Cisco Umbrella
- SilverPeak SD-WAN
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing & Switching
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
- Desirable: CCNA Collaboration, CCNA Wireless, or higher
- Demonstrable previous experience and of a complex IT environment
- Previous senior network level responsibility
Email your CV below. All suitable candidate will be contacted to arrange an in-person or video meeting.