Our client is looking for an engineer with a passion for helping and collaborating with people, and building innovative solutions to do so.
Your typical week will involve:
- Collaborating with our engineering teams, helping to build secure, high-performing, resilient and efficient solutions.
- Develop, maintain and document a library of re-usable Terraform modules for use by the wider engineering team
- Work with your team to run experiments and ship prototypes to learn how they can improve their platform and maintain their high performance engineering team
- Define, iterate on, and improve best practices and help teams utilise them
- Continually expand your knowledge of both our business and technology domain. They have the resources and we give you the time to learn!
- Develop and apply your mentoring and leadership skills
- Celebrating your team’s achievements!
In this role you will largely be working with: AWS (many services), Terraform, Terragrunt, Atlantis, Packer, Ruby, Rails, GitHub Actions, Docker, Linux.
Apps they use: GitHub, G Suite, Notion, Humio, Harness...
They ideally look out for the below, though you do not have to meet all of these: -
- Experience building and supporting production services in AWS
- Infrastructure as Code experience. We don't configure by hand, instead we use Terraform, Terragrunt and Atlantis to make our infrastructure repeatable, versionable and auditable
- Production problem solving and performance optimisation in a cloud environment. We accept that nothing can be perfect and value the time spent digging deep to really try and understand issues
- Pragmatism; being committed to getting things done while understanding tradeoffs
- A high level of self-motivation and self-awareness
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Security awareness - you understand the importance of security best practices and know how to assess risks and implement mitigations
They pride themselves on creating a fantastic place to work, including the following:
- 33 days holiday (and an extra day for each year you're with them)
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Private health care & Life assurance
- 5% matched pension contributions
- Summer 4-day weeks (giving you 8 additional days off!)
- Buy-as-you-earn share schemes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness webinars
- Focused learning time and learning budgets