Senior Cloud Engineer
Our Aberdeen based client are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer. You will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance and management of the corporate wide Private Cloud and Public Cloud infrastructures and all related “Infrastructure as a Service” systems such as servers, storage, backup; and “Platform as a Service”(PaaS) /”Software as a Service” (SaaS) systems such as Office 365 and associated Azure/AWS/GCP services. You will cover all corporate IT locations globally for the provision of corporate Private and Public Cloud environments and 3rd line support.
- Implementation of technologies and Cloud platforms to support the corporate data infrastructure
- Maintenance and upgrade of corporate cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure availability of corporate IT technology that support internal business functions, meeting agreed service levels.
- Ensure availability of corporate Private Cloud technology that support internal business functions, meeting agreed service levels.
- Track availability of corporate Public Cloud deployments that support internal business functions against agreed or published service levels.
- Provide security to all Cloud related systems.
- Troubleshoot and remediate 3rd level issues impacting the operation of the corporate Cloud infrastructure to support the company’s global operations.
- Management and monitoring of corporate Cloud infrastructure.
- Perform changes according to the corporate Change Management procedure.
- Documentation of design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures.
- Participation in planning and execution of IT projects within budget and time constraints.
- Evaluation of new technologies and platforms to determine their applicability to solving business challenges and needs.
- Act as a mentor for all Cloud Infrastructure Engineers regarding their management, maintenance, monitoring and documentation of all corporate Cloud systems as well as the creation of relevant policies, standards, and work instructions.
- Participate in the on-call schedule for off-hours support.
- Mentor and educate IT staff on operation and configuration of corporate systems, as well as on troubleshooting issues related to the systems.
- Stay current with technological advances
Preferred Technical knowledge includes, but not limited to, demonstrable experience of:
- In depth knowledge of Cloud technologies – Azure, AWS, GCP
- In depth knowledge of Server technologies
- In depth knowledge of Virtualisation technologies
- In depth knowledge of Storage technologies
- Programming principles, scripting, and DevOps
- VMWare vSphere
- Systems management and monitoring platforms
- MCSE/MCSA desired or equivalent experience.
- VMWare Certified Professional
- Azure or AWS certified
- Or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable relevant experience at a senior level and of a complex IT environment
Email your CV below. All suitable candidates will be contacted to arrange an in-person or video meeting.