Linux Site Reliability Engineer
Our Aberdeen based client are looking for a Linux Site Reliability Engineer. You will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance and management of the DevOps systems and processes to support the corporate IT infrastructure and related “Infrastructure as a Service” systems such as servers, storage, backup; and “Platform as a Service”(PaaS) ”Software as a Service” (SaaS) / systems such as Office 365 and associated Azure/AWS/GCP services.
They will cover all corporate IT locations globally for the provision of Linux Site Reliability support within corporate Private and Public Cloud environments and 3rd line support.
- Implementation of DevOps & Linux technologies and Cloud platforms to support the corporate data infrastructure
- Maintenance and upgrade of corporate DevOps infrastructure.
- Ensure availability of corporate IT technology that support internal business functions, meeting agreed service levels.
- Ensure availability of corporate DevOps & Linux technologies that support internal business functions, meeting agreed service levels.
- Track availability of corporate DevOps & Linux deployments that support internal business functions against agreed or published service levels.
- Provide security to all DevOps & Linux related systems.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting the operation of the corporate DevOps & Linux infrastructure to support the company’s global operations.
- Management and monitoring of corporate DevOps & Linux infrastructure.
- Perform changes according to the corporate Change Management procedure.
- Documentation of design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures.
- Participation in planning and execution of IT projects within budget and time constraints.
- Evaluation of new technologies and platforms to determine their applicability to solving business challenges and needs.
- Act as a mentor for engineers regarding their management, maintenance, monitoring and documentation of all corporate DevOps & Linux systems as well as the creation of relevant policies, standards, and work instructions.
- Participate in the on-call schedule for off-hours support.
- Mentor and educate IT staff on operation and configuration of corporate systems, as well as on troubleshooting issues related to the systems.
- Stay current with technological advances
Preferred Technical knowledge includes, but not limited to, demonstrable experience of:
- In depth knowledge of Linux – RedHat & Ubuntu
- In depth knowledge of infrastructure & cloud automation
- In depth knowledge of scripted server provisioning and configuration
- Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering & DevOps principals
- Knowledge of orchestration platforms – e.g. Microsoft Power Automate, Cisco Secure X
- Configuration management and provisioning using Ansible & Terraform
- DevOps scripting
- API Scripting
- VMWare vSphere
- Systems management and monitoring platforms
- RHCE or equivalent
- Azure or AWS certified
- Or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable relevant experience at a senior level
- Experience of a complex IT environment
To apply for this position, email your CV below. All suitable candidates will be contacted to arrange an in-person or video meeting.