Do you have a passion for electronic engineering and an interest in underwater technology? If so, Our client based in Cumbria has an exciting opportunity for an Electronic Engineer to join our design team
As an Electronic Engineer, you will work closely within an experienced team collaborating on the development of innovative and cutting-edge acoustic communications sensors, sonars and integrated diver navigation systems to continue to serve our increasing customer base. You will evolve existing designs and develop new designs from initial concept, through electronics design, prototyping and commissioning.
- Collaborating with members of the design team to develop electronic circuitry and embedded systems.
- Designing and testing electrical schematics and circuit boards, constructing prototypes, and diagnosing problems with new and existing designs.
- Assisting in developing technical content for use by other departments, suppliers, and customers.
- Occasionally participating in customer support, training, and demonstrations.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- Relevant qualification or experience in the engineering sector.
- Theoretical knowledge of or experience with analogue circuitry/amplifiers, signal conditioning, analogue-to-digital conversion, digital logic, and power supplies.
- Proficiency in developing electronic schematics and printed circuit board designs with industry-standard CAD software (e.g., Altium Designer).
- Creative and analytical mindset with good attention to detail.
- Good communication and time-management skills, and the ability to work well within a team.
- Competence in the use of standard office software, such as the Microsoft 365/0ffice suite.
- Full driving license.
- Experience with embedded microprocessors (such as PIC, AVR, and ARM devices) and programming them in C or C++.
- Understanding of various communication protocols (such as RS232/485, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, and USB).
- Knowledge of high-speed digital design principles and devices (such as FPGA's, memories, and clock buffers).
- Experience in designing for reduced electromagnetic interference and compliance requirements.
- A competitive salary
- Workplace pension with 3% employer contributions
- Private medical cover
- 33 days annual holiday allowance, including Bank Holidays.
- Working in an excellent location and environment, where you can make a real difference and be respected for your contributions.
To apply for this role email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All suitable candidates will be contacted to arrange a meeting.