Our Scottish based client is now seeking to appoint a data governance expert for day-to-day delivery of data governance and data change management activities in support of the University’s ambitions to improve data quality especially for management information. This is a newly created post in IT Services that will work with the Head of Data Transformation to deliver an important facilitative and curatorial function in relation to data governance.
The role holder will work in the Data Governance Office and be responsible for the management and/or co- ordination of defined activities within its scope. In addition, the role holder will create or redefine conceptual and/or logical data models as necessary and provide support for colleagues involved in the University’s enterprise architecture framework. There will be also opportunities to engage in larger strategic or operational data-related change initiatives especially where these require data governance expertise.
Candidates will enjoy working with data and be comfortable liaising between the business and more technical colleagues such as data engineers. Above all candidates will have a strong aptitude for organization and be aware of cultural and political nuances when working with customers.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices (whether in an IT Services or business capacity) within the public or charity sector
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets Knowledge of project management/business analysis techniques and other relevant tools
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work co-operatively with multi-disciplinary groups/teams Excellent facilitation skills with the ability to work confidently with all levels in the organisation
- High level of influencing and motivational skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to show initiative and develop novel solutions to complex problems
- Excellent time management skills
Candidates should be
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and have at least five years of relevant experience working in a major services industry, preferably within the higher education sector.
- Need to demonstrate experience of delivering changes and of working closely with IT and non-IT stakeholders to service a variety of data-related requests.
- Have A good all round working knowledge of data warehousing would be useful while a firm grounding in data management principles is essential.